Now she does a yellow curry, I wanted to do a tomato based curry (blaze my own trail!)
Here is my recipe I put together: though I added lots of spices as it was simmering so the measurements might be a little off. I combined two different sauce recipe concepts together- sorta followed an outline, but it's a matter of taste (Spicy vs. sweeter.)
- 2 full packages of Tofu
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 cup snap peas, chopped
RED CURRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- handful fresh basil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 can vegetable broth
- 2-3 Tbsp. minced fresh lemongrass
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbls tomato paste
- 1 tbls paprika
- 2 Tbls chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 squeezed limes (juice)
- 2 Tbls curry powder (yellow)
- 1 tsp salt
- add chili sauce for spice (if needed)
- Cut up cauliflower and place in boiling water, soften and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cut up Tofu in cubes, bake (BAKE at 400) for about 10 minutes on both sides. Just lightly brown them, just for texture.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients into food processor (Basil, Coconut milk, Vegetable broth, lemongrass, green onion, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, paprika, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, drown sugar, lime juice, curry powder, salt) pureed into a creamy sauce.
- Combine tofu and cauliflower with the sauce in wok on high. Bring to boil, then reduce temperature. Add bell pepper and snap peas and cinnamon. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook Sushi Rice (because it's extra sticky!) 2 cups rice, 2.5 cups water. Bring to boil then allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Warm up naan for 2 minutes at 400 in oven.