Friday, February 1, 2013

Quinoa Salad

There are many protein options for vegans, one of my favorite is quinoa.
This is my favorite quinoa salad recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups Quinoa
2 cups of Water
Two cucumbers (I prefer English, b/c they are crispier.)
Small box of Cherry Tomatoes
Three Shallots
2 Tbs Olive Oil
One Lemon
2 Tbs of the following fresh herbs (I never measure these out, I kinda just eyeball it.)
  • Parsley
  • Mint
  • Cilantro
Step 1: Make quinoa (cup to cup ratio with water), you can follow your box for this: Me? I just eyeball when I feel like it's about done (10-15 mins on the stove top)

Step 2: Chop up cucumbers and seed the tomatoes (I cut these in fourths)


Step 3: Chop up your herbs ( I forgot to buy mint, so this picture is missing that ingredient.)
Again, I eyeball the amount. Harris Teeter has the Mint and Cilantro for $2.09, generously boxed up- lasts a few meals.


Step 4: pour the warm quinoa into the cucumber/tomato bowl, mix in the herbs and shallots, add one FULL lemon and 2 Tbs Olive Oil. DONE.



The addition I make to this salad was pan fried tofu, just cuz I had it left over from the night before.

If you're a Carnivore, like this one, you might add shredded chicken to this mix (boiled, shredded, soaked in lemon and cilantro then added to the salad.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment