Friday, January 25, 2013

Pan Fried Tofu

Most of the time when I cook my tofu I bake it, but I didn't have the time to bake this batch so I tried something new. Turned out great. Pan fried Tofu, comes out in a chicken strip type texture, very good for Chinese food, salad topping, or anything Thai. 

Step One: Cut Tofu and press in cheese cloth:

Step Two: Sprinkle salt on one side (I like sea salt the best.)

Step Three: Pour either olive oil or grade-seed oil in a saucepan, let heat and stand for a minute or two on high heat.

Step Four: Place tofu in oil and let sit on med/high heat for five minutes. (**note** don't mess with it, let it Caramelize!)

Step Five: Flip and cook other side for 3-5 minutes. This can be added now to stir-fry or topping for a salad or soaked in a marinade. It's entirely up to you!
(I made goddess salad for my dinner tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment