Saturday, January 19, 2013

Maxi B's Vegan Cupcakes.

The Vegan Life: After six months of vegan ism (8 of vegetarian) I feel more energized and happier when I'm committed and strict about the lifestyle. Even with this knowledge I find myself fighting the (sometimes uncontrollable) desire for foods that I KNOW contain egg or cheese products.

I love cheesecake and I love soft pretzels. 
Ginny and I decided that Natty Greens has the best soft pretzels in Greensboro.

I have resigned to the fact that I can't eat cheese anymore, months of living without has almost killed my addiction (although I do sometimes look at Mexican food and think- if only....) I've found that if I avoid Mexican restaurants altogether, I more likely to avoid the trappings of cheese lust. I can go Tex/Mex (i.e. Chipotle) because they have so many vegetarian options. My SAVING GRACE is that I'm obsessed with Guacamole, so give me some warm tortilla chips and a well made guach and I'm a happy camper:)

Jules and I eating Vegan Pizza at Sticks and Stones, realized we dressed the same...

Over Christmas I aptly titled myself a "seasonal vegan." I eat baked good (eggs) on Christmas day, and I eat cheesecake (all KINDS of dairy) on my birthday. (Pretend you didn't read that confession all you die-hard-veganists out there, I am so faithful ALL other days of the year.) My ONLY other slip is...soft pretzels. I will, in fact, eat a Philly-doughy-delicious-twisted-little-piece-of-heaven and NOT feel guilty for the intake of egg....almost no guilt:)

Maxi B's with Jules.

There are, however, two saving graces in Greensboro for the baked goods craving vegan. Spring Garden Bakery and Maxi B's Bakery, (also They have a BLOG.)

  1. Spring Garden Bakery: They literally have THE BEST pumpkin chocolate chip vegan muffins. They are so filling too, it serves as a lunch for me (along with a cup of coffee.) Their coffee isn't my favorite, but it's good enough that I'll couple it with a muffin and experience a little piece on heaven on earth (I much prefer the Green Bean's coffee flavor.) 
  2. Maxi B's:  I ordered a vanilla cupcake with vanilla icing... OH.MY.GERSH. It was Divine. haha. You laugh, I laugh, because it's true. I thought I died for a second and came back to life. So all you Vegans out there looking for an escape, order up a cupcake to savor in that sweet little inviting bakery on a cloud.
I'm in Charelston right now, but I'm going to try baking THESE VEGAN COOKIES when I get home, check out the link, because they look good. If any g-boro peeps want to join in this endeavor I'm thinking wednesday night.
Peace Out.

2 comments: